On the calendar below, click a day for more information. Individuals Days are typically: Wednesdays, Thursdays, and 4th Saturdays. Once you decide on which project you would like to work on, click on the sign up link to the left of the project. Once we receive your volunteer form, we will contact you to verify your build. If you would like to reserve a group day, you can contact Lindsay Browne by phone ((816) 832-4560), email (LBrowne@TrumanHabitat.org), the contact form on the bottom of our contact us page, or fill out the quick signup volunteer form on this page and put the group information in the notes section. Lindsay will then contact you to find a mutually good day and add it to the calendar. Then she will email you the link for your group volunteers to individually register.
Prior to signing up, please review the following guidelines and procedures.
Construction Age and COVID Guidelines
- Must be age 16 or older. If 16 or 17, contact Lindsay Browne at 816-832-4560 for parent waivers or click here. You will need an adult (age 21 or older) to volunteer with you.
- Groups are limited to 6 or fewer volunteers.
- You must pre-register, so we can track numbers (anyone who has not pre-registered will be turned away if we have a full group).
- Please maintain the same shift day where possible so if someone should be sick they will only expose 5 others rather than a larger pool that varies week to week. (For instance, always sign up for Thursdays for now).
- Please wear a face covering (bring your own mask, bandana, etc). Practice safe hygiene, use sanitizer regularly, cover sneeze/cough, wipe down tools (including pens/computer), and maintain social distancing as much as possible. If you bring any of your own tools, please don’t share. Because people can spread the disease before they have symptoms, wearing a mask helps protect those around you in case you are unknowingly contagious. Please help everyone stay safe by wearing your face covering and following safety guidelines. Please wear your mask especially to protect our staff who have to be there each day.
- You may want to bring your own full, labeled water bottle as well. If you use ours, please label with your initials so you don’t drink out of the wrong one.
- Consider how you will handle lunch safely.
- Please do not attend if you feel sick or have been sick, if you have been exposed to someone with COVID, if you are at high risk, or if you living with someone at high risk.
- Those who have been exposed to COVID in the past 14 days are ineligible to volunteer until completing self-isolation for 14 days and not becoming symptomatic.
- Make sure you have our regular and COVID waiver signed for 2020. They can now be found on our website. Click here.
Don’t know what day and event you want to volunteer for?
Some construction days have been booked by groups. If you click on a day and a group is listed, only sign up for that day if you are part of that group.
Thank you for Volunteering!
Follow Truman Habitat for Humanity
Blue Springs ReStore
Lee's Summit ReStore
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity of Eastern Jackson County, Missouri complies with the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or sources of income.
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity
505 North Dodgion, Independence, MO 64050 - 816-461-6551
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity of Eastern Jackson County, Missouri is a Christian, faith-based non-profit. However, we will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith. Questions? Click here to send us a message.