Thank you for your interest in employment at Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity. If you have a passion for our vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live and the experience and skills for any job opening below, we encourage you to apply.
** Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes or applications for postions without a formal job posting below **
Click the position for details.
Customer Service Associate - ReStore, Lee's Summit
About Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity (THHFH) is a Christian organization that builds and rehabilitates simple, decent houses with the help of homeowner families and volunteers. Truman Habitat is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International and works to improve the living conditions for low-income families in Eastern Jackson County, Missouri. Our non-profit organization works in partnership with people in need from all walks of life to develop communities by building safe, decent, and affordable housing. We build homes, communities, and hope.
The ReStore is a discount building materials and home improvement store. Much of the inventory in the store is donated to THHFH by residential or commercial donors. We have a positive impact on the environment by reselling usable items that might have been destined for the landfill. The funds raised from ReStore sales are used to finance the construction or renovation of homes for eligible homeowners in Eastern Jackson County.
The Customer Service Associate assists customers with the check-out process. Primary duties include ringing up sales, collecting payment, giving appropriate change, and bagging purchases. Associates may also assist with the donation process, as needed, enter information into our donation management system, and assist volunteers with clocking in/out of our volunteer management system. The most important role of the associate is to ensure that every customer has an excellent experience when shopping or donating in the ReStore.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Running a cash register to include: process cash and make change and run credit cardtransactions
- Providing daily outstanding customer service to our customers (shoppers, donors, volunteers, staff andboard members)
- Always provide a receipt of sale to the customer
- Always provide a receipt to a donor
- Greet and assist customers as needed
- Answer phones and provide stellar customer service
- Maintain and straighten merchandise and product displays close to and around the cashierstation
- Promoting sales by demonstrating merchandise and products to customers
- Assist volunteers with timing in/out if needed
- Handling customer complaints promptly and with compassion and involving a member of management when required
- Enter donation receipts into Salesforce
- Abide by all established policies and procedures
- Arrive to work at scheduled time
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Up to 2 years of experience in the retail industry
- Ability to count back change
- Strong customer service skills
- Dependability, punctuality, flexibility and accuracy
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, ability to multi-task and work independently
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Habitat for Humanity and the families that we serve
Physical Requirements Necessary to Perform This Job:
- This position requires constant standing and walking
- The custom service associate must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. and handle awkward shaped items as part of the check-out and donation receipting process
Work Environment and Conditions:
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment
- Must be comfortable working with the public
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 16-29 Hours per week depending on need.
ReStore is open Tuesday – Saturday. Saturdays are required by the schedule. Schedule is determined by the ReStore Manager.
Please send cover letter and resume to Danielle Taylor at dtaylor [at] trumanhabitat.org Deadline is October 20, 2023.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Danielle Taylor by clicking the button below.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Join our movement and help give families a hand up.
505 North Dodgion Avenue
Independence, Missouri 64050
Call Us: 816-461-6551
Call ReStore: 816-886-7374
Follow Truman Habitat for Humanity
Blue Springs ReStore
Lee's Summit ReStore
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity of Eastern Jackson County, Missouri complies with the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or sources of income.
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity ReStores of Independence/Blue Springs
505 North Dodgion, Independence, MO 64050 (816) 886-7374
Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity of Eastern Jackson County, Missouri is a Christian, faith-based non-profit. However, we will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith. Questions? Click here to send us a message.