Not sure what day or event you want to volunteer for? Fill out our volunteer form below. Once we receive your form, we will contact you to help you find what area would be the best fit for you. If you have further questions, please call Lindsay Browne at 816-832-4560 or fill out the email contact form at https://trumanhabitat.org/contact-us/
Before filling out a volunteer form, please read the following guidelines and procedures.
Construction Age and COVID Guidelines
- Must be age 16 or older. If 16 or 17, contact Lindsay Browne at 816-832-4560 for parent waivers or click here. You will need an adult (age 21 or older) to volunteer with you.
- Groups are limited to 6 or fewer volunteers.
- You must pre-register, so we can track numbers (anyone who has not pre-registered will be turned away if we have a full group).
- Please maintain the same shift day where possible so if someone should be sick they will only expose 5 others rather than a larger pool that varies week to week. (For instance, always sign up for Thursdays for now).
- Please wear a face covering (bring your own mask, bandana, etc). Practice safe hygiene, use sanitizer regularly, cover sneeze/cough, wipe down tools (including pens/computer), and maintain social distancing as much as possible. If you bring any of your own tools, please don’t share. Because people can spread the disease before they have symptoms, wearing a mask helps protect those around you in case you are unknowingly contagious. Please help everyone stay safe by wearing your face covering and following safety guidelines. Please wear your mask especially to protect our staff who have to be there each day.
- You may want to bring your own full, labeled water bottle as well. If you use ours, please label with your initials so you don’t drink out of the wrong one.
- Consider how you will handle lunch safely.
- Please do not attend if you feel sick or have been sick, if you have been exposed to someone with COVID, if you are at high risk, or if you living with someone at high risk.
- Those who have been exposed to COVID in the past 14 days are ineligible to volunteer until completing self-isolation for 14 days and not becoming symptomatic.
- Make sure you have our regular and COVID waiver signed for 2020. They can now be found on our website. Click here.
Want to Volunteer for a specific day and event?