- Register using this link.
- Build a Gingerbread-like home – out of any material.
- Deliver to Bass Pro on December 8th
How the Contest Works
- Families, businesses, teams, and individuals build a gingerbread-like home.
- Homes will be displayed at Bass Pro Shop in Independence, MO as part of the Homes for the Holidays Village from December 9th – December 24th.
- Supporters visiting the Village donate to vote for their favorite homes. Any gift amount is accepted!
- Win prizes knowing you’ll be building up our neighbors in Eastern Jackson County!
- Proceeds support Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity.
Tips and Guidelines for Your Home or Building
- Gingerbread-inspired building (does not need to be edible, can be made from any materials).
- You can create any building for our village, it does not have to be a home.
- Your home must rest on a sturdy base no greater than 14” high x 14” wide x 14” depth in size.
- Your home size must be no greater than 12” deep x 12” long.
- Business sponsor entries can be taller.
- Drop off your creation at Bass Pro Shop on Thursday, December 8th from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. The address is 18001 Bass Pro Drive, Independence, MO 64055.
- Build your structure sturdy enough to survive transport.*
- Share your creation on social media and ask your family, friends, and business contacts to vote online or at the Village while shopping at Bass Pro. Include a photo of your home in your social media posts. Be sure to “SHARE” with others to get votes.
- Please complete your peer-to-peer fundraising web page and share with your contacts.
- Create your voting page as soon as possible and encourage your friends and family to vote for your building by donating to your page.
- Truman Habitat for Humanity will dispose of all entries unless otherwise directed.
* Truman Habitat for Humanity cannot be responsible for damage to your home during the Gingerbread Village display period.